Chiropractic Pills

This collection of pills and potions was collected by local chiropractor Thaddeus Liberko and donated to The Bakken Museum by his son, Earl. They come from the Dartell Laboratories vitamin supplement line.

While herbs and vitamins in food have long been recognized for their positive effects on health, it was not until after 1933, when Tadeusz Reichstein succeeded in synthesizing vitamin C, that these supplements became popular in medical treatments.

Additional information on medicinal herbs can be found in our Deep Roots: Plants as Medicine exhibit.

Details:

Made of glass, plastic, and organic material
1953-1960