The Bakken Museum Clubhouse: School Day Enrichment Programs
Distance learning is hard. Let our educators help. The Bakken Museum Clubhouse is an in-person program for students to receive support for online learning, play games, and try out fun STEM activities during the week!
Students in grades 3 through 8 enrolled in remote learning programs with their school are invited to the museum for academic support, engaging science activities, and some good old (physically distanced) fun and games. The daily schedule will include flexibility and time to support students’ schoolwork combined with Bakken enrichment activities.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
- Students will be divided into cohorts limited to 10 or fewer students and 2 educators.
- Students will stay with the same cohort for the full 4 weeks of the session and remain isolated from other groups.
- Each cohort will meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 1 day a week for 4 weeks.
- There will be staggered drop-off and pick-up times.
- At-home monitoring for symptoms of illness by students and all museum staff will be required.
- Students and staff will be required to wear face masks.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer stations will be available in every space.
- All activities have been modified to remove contact between individuals.
- Materials and equipment will be washed in between each group.
- Individual toolkits for each student
- Room layouts will be altered, and markers will be placed to maintain social distancing.
Ready, set, reaction! Students will practice scientific techniques and explore the basic principles of chemistry as they investigate the changes and interactions of substances. Students will experiment with how chemicals that ooze, bounce, fizz, or burn can be used to solve problems and change the world.
DATES: November 18 - December 16
TIME: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
THURSDAYS: SCIENCE TRICKS AND ENGINEERING CHALLENGES
What can you solve? Who can you trick? Using the Engineering Design Process, students will tackle some of our favorite design challenges and apply science concepts to create “magic” tricks designed to awe and amaze their friends and family.
DATES: November 19 - December 17
TIME: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
DATES: November 18 - December 17
TIME: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1 day a week for 4 weeks
LOCATION: The Bakken Museum, 3537 Zenith Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55416
COST: $300, $270 for Household Members
* This program is eligible for Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA) pre-tax spending.
The Bakken Museum offers income-based scholarships to help provide access to its youth programs. Please visit the Youth Program Scholarships page for more information.
The Bakken Musuem is an independent 501(c)(3). Your donation supports educational programming, exhibitions, and artifact preservation.