The Bakken Museum Clubhouse: School Day Enrichment Programs
Distance learning is hard. Let our educators help. The Bakken Museum Clubhouse is an in-person program for students to receive support for online learning, play games, and try out fun STEM activities during the week!
Students in grades 3 through 8 enrolled in remote learning programs with their school are invited to the museum for academic support, engaging science activities, and some good old (physically distanced) fun and games. The daily schedule will include flexibility and time to support students’ schoolwork combined with Bakken enrichment activities.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
- This program will be limited to 10 or fewer students working with 2 educators.
- At-home monitoring for symptoms of illness by campers and all museum staff will be required.
- Students and staff will be required to wear face masks.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer stations will be available in every space.
- All activities have been modified to reduce contact between individuals.
MARCH THEME: TRICKS AND CHALLENGES
What can you solve? Who can you trick? Using the Engineering Design Process, students will tackle some of our favorite design challenges and apply science concepts to create magic tricks designed to awe and amaze their friends and family.
DATES: Wednesdays, March 3, 10, 17, 24
TIME: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
LOCATION: The Bakken Museum, 3537 Zenith Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55416
COST: $75 per week, $67.50 for Household Members
- This program is eligible for Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA) pre-tax spending.
- The Bakken Museum offers income-based scholarships to help provide access to its youth programs. Please visit the Youth Program Scholarships page for more information.
The Bakken Musuem is an independent 501(c)(3). Your donation supports educational programming, exhibitions, and artifact preservation.