The Bakken Clubhouse: School Day Enrichment Programs
Challenging times call for creative solutions. The Bakken Museum aims to support students and families on their learning journey, whatever the path may go by introducing The Bakken Museum Clubhouse. Our school day enrichment programs will provide a fun and engaging environment for students to receive academic assistance and social-emotional support along with a deepened understanding and passion for STEM concepts.
Don’t feel comfortable with in-person programs? Come hang out with us online! Get the benefit of Bakken School Day Enrichment with our Half-Day Virtual Clubhouse. Cohorts meet digitally for 3.5 hours a day, one day a week, for five weeks to engage in projects, experiments, and challenges centered around a theme. Each day starts with a Zoom meeting with Bakken Educators to get excited and introduce the topics and activities for the day. The Bakken Educators will remain online for several hours, available to students for questions, feedback, and support on their challenges until the entire group meets up for the final hour to share what they have done. This program is perfect for a student who needs more challenge, interaction, and stimulation than their school-based remote learning provides but wishes to remain at home.
- Tuesdays: October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 10 (no class November 3 – The Museum is a polling place)
- Wednesdays: October 7, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18 (no class October 14 due to MEA)
- Thursdays: October 7, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18 (no class October 14 due to MEA)
- Fridays: October 9, 23, 30, November 6, 13, 20 (no class October 16 due to MEA)
Likely Themes Include:
- Building for Biology: Engineering Challenges for Exploring Outside
- Design and Coding
More information and registration coming soon! To receive updates, sign up for email notifications below.
The Bakken Musuem is an independent 501(c)(3). Your donation supports educational programming, exhibitions, and artifact preservation.