DIGITAL OUTREACH PROGRAMS
Some of The Bakken Museum’s most popular education programs are now available as digital interactives! These online versions of shows and workshops are perfectly tailored to various distance learning formats.
- Workshops feature a Hyperdoc—an online worksheet that follows the videos so students can make predictions, answer questions, and try experiments in our Virtual Laboratory
- Programs can be watched as one continuous program or in smaller segments, as a whole class or by students individually
- Each program also features a Teacher Guide to help educators guide students through these exciting lessons and provide tips for using the technical tools included
- Livestreaming field trips offer the chance to learn from our exhibits, see demonstrations, and ask questions!
Are you a parent or caregiver? Check out online education to do at home!
Pre-recorded digital workshops are designed for flexibility. Programs can be watched continuously or in smaller segments, as a whole class, or by students individually. Each program comes with a teacher guide, videos, and an online worksheet where students can make predictions try experiments in our virtual laboratory.
Science Theatre Shows
Our most popular assemblies brought right to you! During these pre-recorded videos, our educators use storytelling, humor, and exciting demonstrations to connect students with topics, including the history of electricity and nanoscience.
Take a virtual field trip to The Bakken Museum! During livestreaming programs, students will explore the connections between science, engineering, inspiration, and innovation.
"I was very impressed with the Bakken Museum and how they provided students a high-level learning experience during our recent Virtual Field Trip. Thank you Bakken staff!"
- Tony Wolverton, 4th Grade Teacher, Hassan Elementary
Digital Workshops: $100 for up to 4 classrooms, $25 for each additional class utilizing the program.
Science Theatre Programs: $150 for up to 4 classrooms, $25 for each additional class utilizing the program.
Live Streaming Programs: $150 for the first class, $100 for each additional class.
By purchasing a program, you are given access to:
- Continuous Program video
- Segmented Program videos
- Teacher guide
- Hyperdoc for students to work alongside the videos (CHECK OUT A SAMPLE HYPERDOC)
Note: Our War of the Currents Show is only available as a Continuous Program
You will need access to a device that connects to the internet and the ability to open multiple tabs.
Optional: Screen Sharing capabilities with your students, google docs, or a way for students to engage with you in a video conference or chat boxes; however, none of those tools are necessary.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help get you set up with everything!