The Bakken Museum is closed to the general public September 14-October 8.
Join us on October 9 for the opening of the brand new Spark Exhibit.
We've combined three of our smaller exhibit spaces to introduce one major experience. Join us this fall for the brand new Spark exhibit. The Spark exhibit is all about finding what inspires you to innovate. You'll explore biomimicry in our Inspiration Inspired by Nature animated mural, hunt for secret codes to use in the Bakken Booth, and learn how science fiction reflects real life using the Magic Book.
Bakken Members are invited to be the first to enjoy the Spark Exhibit during our member preview days on October 3 and 4. Members receive free admission but must reserve a ticket in advance.
The Spark exhibit will be open to the general public by timed tickets at 10 a.m. on Friday, October 9.
IMPORTANT HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
- All admissions require a reserved arrival time. Once you arrive, you may stay as long as you like.
- Museum members enjoy free admission and must reserve an arrival time as well. Select Purchase Tickets on this page and then sign in to receive free admission.
- All reservations must be made online. The museum will not be accepting cash payments, and guests should purchase their timed entry tickets in advance.
- Masks are required for all guests over age 2.
GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have developed a Guest Code of Conduct to keep all our guests and staff safe and healthy.
- If you or your child have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other known symptom of COVID-19, please do not visit the museum. We hope you will visit on another day when you are well.
- Masks are required for all guests over age 2 while inside the museum.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before you enter and frequently throughout your visit. Hand sanitizer is available inside the museum.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6ft from staff members and guests who are not with your group.
- We strongly encourage you to use the stairs if you are able, to leave space in the elevator for those who need it.
- Please be kind to our staff and each other. Respect the directions of the staff. We are here to help and are looking out for everyone’s health and safety.
Please see The Bakken Museum's complete COVID-19 Guidelines and Preparedness Plan below for more information about how we are keeping all of our visitors and staff safe at this time.
The Bakken Museum will is closed to the public for exhibit installation September 14-October 8.
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
New Year’s Day
Seniors (62+): $9
Students (with ID): $8
Children (4-17): $6
Children (3 and under): Free
Limited Income Admission: $1
Free parking is available in the museum's surface lot on Zenith Avenue South.
BUS, BIKE, & WALK
We are located within walking distance of bus routes 6, 12, and 17. Schedules and route information are available at from Metro Transit here.
The museum is conveniently located adjacent to the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway along the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes. Bike racks are available for visitors.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES AND PREPAREDNESS
The Bakken Museum is committed to providing a safe and healthy space for all visitors and staff. To that end, we have developed the following guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our museum and in our communities.
Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
If you or your child have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other known symptom of COVID-19, please do not visit the museum. We hope you will visit on another day when you are well.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
UNIQUE GIFTS TO GIVE OR KEEP
Shop our selection of books, apparel, educational games and toys! Museum members receive special discounts on all store purchases. Learn more
Dreaming on With Earl Bakken
Published by The Bakken Museum, Dreaming On With Earl Bakken is a book of stories told by and about the remarkable man. It includes over 200 images and stories from those close to Earl. To order a copy, please contact us.