It is important for us to keep our visitors and staff healthy while continuing to serve our mission of inspiring a passion for innovation. Following changes in COVID-19 restrictions by state leadership, The Bakken Museum is open to the public with safety measures in place. Please see the details below to plan your visit.
Important health and safety information:
- All museum admission requires a reserved arrival time. Tickets can be purchased in advance here.
- Our HVAC system has been adjusted to increase the percentage of outdoor air throughout our facility.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the museum.
- Face coverings are required for all guests over age two.
- High touched areas are being cleaned frequently.
- Room layouts have been altered to ensure social distancing.
- Anyone experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other known symptom of COVID-19, are asked not to visit the museum. We look forward to welcoming you at a later date.
The Bakken Museum's exhibits will reopen on Tuesday, January 12.
|Tuesday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday:||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
HOLIDAY CLOSURES + SPECIAL HOURS
CLOSED THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
New Year’s Day
OPEN THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
Martin Luther King Dr. Day (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Presidents' Day (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
|Students (with ID):||$8|
|Children (3 and under):||Free|
|Limited Income Admission:||$1|
3537 Zenith Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Free parking is available in the museum's surface lot on Zenith Avenue South.
BUS, BIKE, & WALK
We are located within walking distance of bus routes 6, 12, and 17. Schedules and route information are available at from Metro Transit here.
The museum is conveniently located adjacent to the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway along the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes. Bike racks are available for visitors.
UNIQUE GIFTS TO GIVE OR KEEP
Discover gifts at The Bakken Museum store for all the innovators in your life. The museum store includes activity kits for all ages, carefully curated books, and quirky presents for unique individuals. Each purchase supports our mission of inspiring a passion for innovation.
- Bakken members receive special discounts on all store purchases. LEARN MORE
- Virtual shopping appointments now available! LEARN MORE
Dreaming on With Earl Bakken
Published by The Bakken Museum, Dreaming On With Earl Bakken is a book of stories told by and about the remarkable man. It includes over 200 images and stories from those close to Earl. To order a copy, please contact us.