Find The Bakken Museum in your neighborhood!
The Bakken Museum is hitting the road so you can explore science, technology, engineering, and math in your own community.
Check below to see when our outreach team is doing a program near you!
Some programs require pre-registration or have age restrictions. Please check with the site before attending a program. We hope to see you there!
Open to all 8th grade students in Minneapolis Public Schools
9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Please see website for attendance details
GSK SCIENCE IN THE SUMMER
Join The Bakken Museum for this year’s exciting “GSK: Science in the Summer” workshops on The Science of Me! Participants are invited to discover how the body’s systems work together and explore what makes humans alike and what makes us individuals. In this multi-day program, we will discover how our heart, brain, and DNA make us who we are and help us do what we do.
This is a free, two-part program for students entering grades 2-5 next fall. To participate, please register with one of the sites below. Funding for this program is provided by GlaxoSmithKline and the Franklin Institute. Visit www.scienceinthesummer.com for more information.
- June 26 and 27 - Galaxie Library
- July 8 and 9 - Wescott Library
- July 8 and 9 - New Brighton Library
- July 10 and 11 - Shoreview Library
- July 23 and 24 - Roseville Library
- July 29 and 30 - Inver Glen Library
- July 31 and August 1 - Hardwood Creek Library
- August 5 and 6 - Park Grove Library
- August 7 and 8 - Owatonna Library
- August 7 and 8 - Blooming Prairie Library
- August 13 and 14 - RH Stafford Library
If you have any questions about the programs offered, want to register, or find out if any of the programs are appropriate for your child, please contact the site by clicking on the links above.