LEGO Minifigure Challenge
Which scientist, innovator, or explorer should more people know about?
Help The Bakken Museum spread the word by submitting your favorite trailblazer to The Bakken Museum’s LEGO Mini Figure Challenge! Winning submissions will be exhibited throughout the museum along with information about the contributions of the individual.
To enter, submit the following:
- Name of your scientist/explorer/innovator
- 50 words or less of text that would accompany your minifigure if selected for display. Be creative! What can you convey that communicates their contributions and will make someone want to learn more?
- A picture of the minifigure you created to represent your scientist/explorer/innovator.
Anyone is eligible to participate. Selected finalists must be able to bring their minifigures to The Bakken Museum by the designated date. Finalists may mail their entries if they are received by The Bakken Museum by the designated date.
Finalists will be selected from the following age categories:
- 4 – 7 years old
- 8 – 12 years old
- 13 – 17 years old
- 18 and older
Finalists in each category will receive five complimentary admission passes to The Bakken Museum.
Two finalists from each age group will have their minifigure design and label text exhibited at The Bakken Museum on weekends from February 15 to June 21.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Rules and other details:
- One submission per individual.
- Entries must be submitted through the website form on this page and must include a photograph of the LEGO minifigure, and accompanying label text of 50 words or less.
- Entries will be judged on the design of the minifigure and accompanying label text.
- Finalists must be able to drop off or mail their submissions at the Bakken Museum between February 4 and February 13. Finalists may mail their entries if received by February 13. Minifigures will be returned to finalists by mail after June 21.
- Entries must consist entirely of LEGO Minifigure or Mini Doll pieces.
- All possible care will be taken in the handling and display of the finalist’s minifigures. Finalists accept that The Bakken Museum is not responsible for loss or damage to any entry.
- The Bakken Museum staff are not eligible to participate.
- LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, and does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this program.
THE BAKKEN MUSEUM
3537 Zenith Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Free parking is available both in the museum's lot on Zenith Avenue South, and on West 36th Street. The visitor entrance next to the parking lot is handicap accessible.
BUS & BIKE
We are located within walking distance of bus routes 6, 12, and 17. Schedules and route information are available at metrotransit.org.
The museum is conveniently located adjacent to the chain of lakes bike path. We now have a Nice Ride bike sharing station next to the museum at the corner of West 36th Street and Lake Calhoun Parkway. For more information about this program (available April - November), please visit niceridemn.org.
Visitors riding their own bikes can find bike parking near our 36th Street visitor entrance.