You bring the cake, we'll bring the activities! Host your child's next birthday party at The Bakken Museum in the Twin Cities. Our educators will provide exciting experiments based on one of our science, technology, engineering and math party themes. Indoor and outdoor parties available for ages 6 through 12.
Children's birthday parties at The Bakken Museum include:
- facilitator-led interactive activities
- make and take project
- museum tour and exploration
- time for presents, cake, and food
Generally, birthday parties are held from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as on certain school release days.
If 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. does not work for you, please request an alternative time in the form below and we will do our best to accommodate your group.
$300 - up to 10 kids
$350 – up to 16 kids (1 chaperone required per every 4 kids, 20 people total)
- For a party of 10 people, there is a $50 flat-fee charge for any additional guests over the 10 person limit to be paid the day of the party.
- If you would like an additional 30 minutes for presents/other activities in the room, there is an additional $100.00 fee.
NOTE: Bakken birthday parties are not recommended for children under 5 years of age.
Book Your Party
“Thank you so very much for hosting Avery’s party this past Saturday! I was so impressed with the organization and activities and response to my last minute request. The kids at the party had an amazing time and couldn’t believe 2 hours had passed when their parents returned. My daughter, in particular, would have stayed all day if the museum had stayed open longer. We are so fortunate to have such a gem in the neighborhood, and we will be regular visitors (and campers) now that we know you are there and know how wonderful you are. Thank you, truly, for everything!”Avery’s Parents