The Bakken Museum is committed to providing a safe and healthy space for all visitors and staff. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our museum and in our communities. At this time, we are not offering birthday parties.
You bring the cake, and we'll bring the activities! Host your child's next birthday party at The Bakken Museum in the Twin Cities. Our facilitators will provide exciting experiments based on one of our science, technology, engineering, and math party themes — indoor and outdoor parties available for ages 6 through 12.
Children's birthday parties at The Bakken Museum include:
- Private decorated room for 90 min + 30 min extension available
- Set up and clean up is included
- Facilitator-led interactive activities
- Make and take project
- Exhibits, Frankenstein's laboratory and Science Studio exploration
- Time for presents, cake, and food
- Free Parking
NOTE: Bakken birthday parties are not recommended for children under 5 years of age. If the time slots listed do not work for you, please request an alternative time in the form below, and we will do our best to accommodate your group. Contact us if you have any questions.
UP TO 8 KIDS + 2 CHAPERONES
Sat & Sun: 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m
Price: $300 // $270 members
Add a 30-minute extension +$100 | Add a birthday gift bag +$7 each
Book Your Party
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
The Bakken Museum is committed to providing a safe and healthy space for all visitors and staff. To that end, we have developed the following birthday party guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our museum and in our communities.
- MASKS: In compliance with the City of Minneapolis, every person over 2 years of age are required to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth while in The Bakken Museum. This includes the host family, all party guests, and The Bakken Museum’s staff. Both reusable and disposable masks are available for purchase in the museum’s gift shop.
- STAYING HOME: It is the host’s responsibility to ensure that every person attending the birthday party is feeling well and is not experiencing known symptoms of COVID-19 including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Please encourage any guests that are experiencing signs of COVID-19 to stay home. If party participants begin showing symptoms during a birthday party, we ask that they leave The Bakken Museum immediately.
- HANDWASHING: Birthday party participants are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and for a complete 20 seconds. Restrooms and hand sanitizer are available throughout the museum to encourage frequent handwashing. Adults and children should wash their hands after using the restroom, sneezing, touching their face, blowing their nose, smoking, eating, drinking, and interacting with exhibit elements.
- SHARED SURFACES: The Bakken Museum’s birthday party activities have been altered to minimize material sharing. We ask that chaperones supervise activities to keep everyone safe and healthy.
ADULTS AND CHAPERONES:
Adults play a big role in making birthday parties both fun and safe!
Adults are asked to:
- Be present at all times.
- Lead by example by following social distancing rules and wearing a mask at all times.
- While the party coordinator will explain the rules of social distancing and mask wearing, chaperones are asked to help ensure these rules are observed.
- Ensure children stay in the party room unless accompanied by a Bakken Museum staff member or chaperone.
- Be aware of other museum visitors and appropriate behavior while in the exhibit spaces.