Camp Innovation at The Bakken Museum is a week-long summer program where students design and build their own in-depth personal inventions. They will exercise their mental muscles, complete problem-solving challenges, learn new science tricks, and play games that require creativity and attention.
A NOTE ON THE BAKKEN MUSEUM'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We want to provide the best – and safest – experience possible for our campers. We’ve developed additional safety and wellness plans for campers, counselors, and parents. As the situation around COVID-19 evolves, we will continue to follow the guidelines laid out by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Safety precautions will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Staggered drop off and pick up times
- Required at-home monitoring for symptoms of illness by campers and all museum staff
- Division of campers into 3 groups of 8 with 2 adults with no mixing between the groups
- Students will be required to wear face masks as per regulations by the City of Minneapolis
- Use of PPE by museum staff
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer stations available in every space
- Materials and equipment washing in between each group
- Individual tools kit for each student for the week
- Modified camp activities to remove contact between individuals
- Room layouts altered and markers placed for social distancing
- Use of outdoor space whenever possible
- No before or after camp care
Monday through Friday // 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
|July 13-17 // Girls Week||Registration Full|
|August 3-7 // Girls Week||REGISTER|
|August 31 - September 4 // Girls Week||REGISTER|
Bakken Museum Household, Household+, and Supporting members receive a 10% discount on registration. Learn about membership.
What to bring
- A nutritious and delicious lunch.
- A refillable water bottle.
- A snack (we will provide, a serving of popcorn or crackers, but if you have any allergies concerns or an especially hungry child, you might want to pack a snack).
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty.
- Closed toed shoes (we work with some heavy, hot, or sharp items in the workshop). We strive to send kids home with as many toes as they came with.